The central mission of everything that we do at Pulicaro is to share our perspective and knowledge about organic farming, regenerative practices, and conscious consumption with people of all ages and backgrounds.
As parents of three wonderful and curious daughters, we find it especially impactful to work with students, and have made it a top priority to host student groups for immersive, educational visits on our farm.
We have hosted student groups since 2013, ranging from young teenagers exploring Europe for the first time to university students enriching their studies in food systems, agriculture, anthropology, medicine, and more. We can host up to 24 guests overnight at Pulicaro, and typically offer student groups exclusive access to the guest house for trips of 7-14 days.
With each student group, we work with group leaders to create a custom itinerary fitted to the interests, age, and schedule of the students. Whether students are getting their hands dirty with Marco on the farm, learning how we nourish a robust ecosystem without the use of pesticides or antibiotics, or working together to prepare traditional Italian recipes with ingredients from the farm, we engage students in a holistic experience of organic farming and the ancient culture of agrarian Italy, while envisioning a better future for our food systems and planet.
Our goal at Pulicaro is to contribute to a more conscious, healthy, and compassionate future, and we believe that the best way to do our part is to share time, perspective, and hands-on experience with the next generation of our global community.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information. We can’t wait to welcome you and your students to coltiviamo un nuovo amore per la terra – to cultivate a new love for the land.
- Marco & Chiara
Example 10-day Itinerary at Pulicaro:
Between the diversity of our farm and the variety of archaeological, artistic, and natural attractions
just a short drive away, we can easily customize your group stay at Pulicaro to focus on your students' interests. Here is an example of one of our farm-to-table focused programs:
- Day 1: Pickup at Orvieto Train Station + Welcome Dinner
- Day 2: Farm Tour with Marco + Pasta Making Workshop
- Day 3: Vegetable Gardening and Composting Activities + Rural Cooking Class
- Day 4: Day trip to historic Civita di Bagnoregio
- Day 5: Activities with Sheep and Goats + Forest Foraging Workshop
- Day 6: Tour of Fattoria Faraoni + Cheesemaking Class
- Day 7: Day trip to Archaeological Site and Hiking at Vulci
- Day 8: Activities with Cows and Orchards + Gelato Workshop
- Day 9: Day trip to Capodimonte for a boat tour + beach day at Lake Bolsena
- Day 10: Departure for Siena, with stops along the way at a vineyard, thermal springs, and landscape photo opportunities